Friday, October 29, 2010

Family Outings

Last weekend we were able to see Mike's parents over our fall break. What a blast we had. The girls had their first outing to a sorghum mill. They got to see how it was made and watched as the big horses turned the mill. Even though they may never remember this adventure, it was sure great to see their eyes get big watching the horses go around the circle.




Opa and Oma holding the girls as they watch the horses.

 Juliana watching the horses.



    
Sorghum cooking
 
Opa and Olivia
While on our adventure we stopped at a Mennonite country store. It was quite amazing. We even found little hats that fit Juliana and Olivia. It was adorable. Even daddy got in on the fun.

 Juliana in her hat.







                                                      Olivia in her hat.


 Daddy and Olivia having some fun.



 Mama and Olivia


 Daddy and Juliana

The girls also had a chance to visit their Great Grandma Grace. She is 95 years old and what an honor it was to have her hold our little ones. This is the Great Grandma Juliana is named after...Juliana Grace Colburn.


On Sunday of that same weekend I had a 5K race I was participating in.  The whole family packed up and we met some friends there. This race was the biggest race "mama" has ever been in. There were a total of 5200 people racing. It was really hot and really noisy. Surprisingly the girls did great. People would walk up to the girls and say how cute they were. It is quite funny to see that our girls are an icon everywhere we go. While Mama raced, Mike took care of the girls, feeding them and strolling them. He even managed to take pictures! What a champ! It is great to be able to work so well together in raising our children. I couldn't ask for a better husband.

 I am actually in this picture! Next to the two men in red! Can you find me? LOL


 Olivia my little bird!

 My friends Greg and Robin

 My supportive family! I love them. 


Chillin in the stroller.

After the race, we went out with some friends to eat and headed home to put the girls to bed. It was a very long day and they were little troopers around all those people.

Now, they are 30 weeks old! We are approaching our 7 month mark on November 3. I can't believe my babies are growing so quickly. Olivia sprouted her first tooth on my race day and she seems to be doing as well as Juliana. She is even taking solids! Well, not cereal. She really does not like it. I think we may surpass the cereal and continue with the food. We still have not introduced fruits to them. Although, they had applesauce for the first time and loved it. We have chosen to hold off a little while longer with fruit, making sure we adjust to the vegetables, since they are more bland. No need to rush the sugar.


 Our family.

 Olivia playing with daddy.


Our lives have definitely changed in such a great way. We are blessed to "own" these little ones. I can't express how great it is to hear them laugh and see them smile. We are now to the stage where they scream (in a good way) when we walk into their view. With all the work that it has been, no one had ever told me the real joy and happiness I would have when I became a Mama. What a pleasure to have such wonderful little girls.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time! Congratulations of the race. Your little girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete