Monday, November 8, 2010

7 Month Check Up and More

On November 5, the girls went to the doctor for their 7 month check up. When we got there, I undressed Olivia first and took her to the scale. Baby girl weighed in at 16 pounds even and 26 inches long. Juliana was then weighed in and she was 16 pounds also and 25 3/4 inches long. As the doctor's visit progressed I was told that my baby girls were really healthy and growing well. I decided to ask the doctor about feeding solids to the girls. He told me that the schedule I had them on was really good, as long as they were getting a least 32 ounces a day. It is sad to say that I have quit breast-feeding the girls as of a week and a half ago. I was not producing very much and it became more work then benefit. I will be honest to everyone and say I took it hard. It was the one thing I felt that connected me to my children that no other woman or man could do. I have now, since then, come to realize that there are more things in my girls' lives that I will be able to do that no one else can. I breast fed them for their first 6 months and am proud I made it that far. I love my girls very much and will do everything in my power to be there for them when they need me.

On the topic of movement, Juliana and Olivia have been progressing very well. Juliana still stays in one place but will roll over often. Olivia on the other hand has discovered she can roll to any toy that is out of her reach. I placed her on the floor this morning while I gave Juliana her bath. When I came out to the living room, she had rolled off her boppy and made her way off the carpet and on to the wood floor where she laid there kicking her feet holding a toy. I don't think it will be long before she is crawling and then we will start having fun.

Olivia

Mama and Juliana

 




This past weekend Juli and Livi experienced their first snow. We woke up Saturday morning to giant snowflakes falling from the sky. We put hats on the girls and took them briefly out in the snow. Juliana tried to touch them and Olivia didn't like how cold they were. We hope that someday soon they will get to put their hands and feet in it and make a snowman. (Well, I guess the snowman will come later when they can walk.) Well, life as you have seen as been good and the girls are healthy. As I have mentioned many times before, we are blessed to have these little packages of joy.
Olivia not enjoying the cold.

Olivia not sure about the snowflakes.

Juliana in the snow.

Juliana clinging to Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment