Monday, November 22, 2010

A Special Sabbath with Daddy

What a wonderful day we had Saturday at church. Since we had Adventist Education Week at school Mike was able to preach at Kingsport SDA Church on Adventist Education. What an amazing job he did. It was a great message. We are very proud of daddy. Juliana and Olivia were great little girls. They were held by some friends and didn't cry or make very many sounds at all, which is great since we were near the front row. I have been so amazed, along with many others on how well behaved my children are. I only pray that this will continue as they grow up.
 

After the service we had a Thanksgiving feast at the church. There were so many amazing things to eat. Olivia and I had a good time eating sweet potatoes. Right now, both girls take after their Mama with liking sweet potatoes and squash. Daddy is not one for it. :) Olivia sat there and let me feed her but the moment I turned my head, she had both hands in the sweet potatoes and smearing it all over the table. I only had to laugh and try to wipe her clean. I actually love watching my girls experience new textures. Exploring is part of learning in my mind. I can see that my girls are going to be kinesthetic learners, I hope they will develop other learning skills as well.

In the evening, we decided to relax as a family. I was actually trying to get rid of tonsillitis. While we lay on the couch, we had the girls watch a "Baby Einstein" dvd. I was really impressed with this video on "First Sounds". It used several different languages describing objects. I loved the exposure. It even uses classical music through the whole dvd and many colors. I was really impressed. After our dvd, it was time for the girls to go to bed. So, bed, bottle, and snuggle time (Mama's favorite time). Sometimes our girls won't fall asleep with their last bottle, so after they finish we lay them in their beds and hand them a little toy. They quietly play and fall asleep in no time. We usually have to give them something to play with otherwise they will cry and keep each other up. Which is not fun for their parents. :)

Not much has gone on in these past couple weeks, but we look forward to our Thanksgiving at Uncle Doug's and Aunt Nik's house. We will be traveling in a car for 6 hours one way....this should be fun.

Our family wishes you a very Happy Thanksgiving. We are thankful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment