Friday, May 21, 2010

Olivia's Doctor Visit

      

Last Monday morning Olivia had a doctor's appointment. I usually have Mike with me to help with the girls but this time, he had to work and the task was up to me. It took me an hour to dress, feed, and pack the girls away. This time, I planned in advance how long it was going to take me. I didn't do that bad. I actually arrived at the doctors visit right at Olivia's appointment time.

Olivia's appointment was for a check-up to see how her reflux was doing. We were afraid that she was losing weight by the amount of fluid she was spitting up. It was quite scary to see 3 oz of fluid come out of someone so little.When we got there the nurse took her naked little body and put her on the scale. To our delight, Olivia weighed a whopping 7 pounds 4 ounces. She was growing just fine. After she was weighed the doctor came in and looked at her tummy and asked several questions about her vomiting. He decided to put her on Previcid. So far she has done really well. She is fed sitting up and burped real carefully.

One way that we have dealt with the girls' reflux is to put them in their car seats to sleep. They have done really well and have not spit up during the night. However, as they are growing they are getting a lot stronger. They are moving so much now we will be graduating to their elevated mattress and bed. Hopefully that will be a success as well.


Olivia

 Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment