Saturday, May 8, 2010

First Month Doctor's Visit

Thursday was Juliana's and Olivia's one month doctor's visit. I never realized it would take me so long by myself to get them dressed, fed, and put in their car seats. I decided to start an hour early. Good thing I did, I walked in the doctor's office right at their appointment time. Mike met me there from school to help.

Once we were there, the first thing they did was had us undress the girls and weigh them. Olivia was first. She weighed in at 6 pounds 7 ounces. Juliana weighed in at 6  pounds 2 ounces. The girls are still on target for growth. They had their normal check up and we managed to make it through the doctor's visit with minimal crying.

We however had one concern. The girls were spitting up their breast milk and formula, usually the same amount that we were feeding them. The doctor thought it would have something to do with the formula that they were eating. I mentioned to him that I was lactose intolerant and right away he said to change their formula to soy. I was also told that I could no longer have any dairy, since they will get gassy due to what I ate. So, I guess this is a way that I am meant to shed the baby pounds quicker. I will do anything to make sure these little ones have the best health that they could have.

Once we arrived home we decided to try the soy formula, even though they were supposed to breastfeed. Both of the girls did really well. They did not spit up one bit. Hopefully, this will continue to go as planned. 

1 comment:

  1. Your babies are ADORABLE. I laughed when you wrote about taking an hour to get them in the car. I can only imagine. We too have found soy formula to be best for our son. I hope you find something that works for all of you.

    Would you check out my blog? I'm hosting a giveaway...http://towninwifehouse.blogspot.com/2010/05/making-difference.html

    ReplyDelete