Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blessings

Today marks two firsts, 1) The girls turned 8 weeks and 2) They went to church for the first time. Mike and I got up around 8AM when the girls got up. He brought Olivia to me in bed where I fed her while he got ready. When he was done, he picked up Juliana and fed her while I got ready. The whole family was fed and ready to walk out the door at 10AM. Not bad!

I wanted to take their pictures in their new outfits, but I was so afraid that they would spit up all over them so I did not remove their bibs. It wasn't until after church I decided to remove the bibs and take pictures of their full outfits. I was right, however. Once we got the girls in the car and I sat in the passenger side, I could hear Juliana throwing up all of her milk. I screamed NO! and ran to open her side of the car door. Sure enough, she was still throwing up (a fountain!) Luckily, Mike had decided to cover her whole outfit with a burp cloth and bib. What a smart hubby! We were safe  to continue our journey to church.

Olivia


Juliana


On our way, Mike and I were talking about school and ordinary things as the girls slept in the backseat of the car. When we came to a stop light I heard this huge POP! I looked to my right just as three cars were slamming into each other! A 5 car pile up happened in the lane right next to us. Mike and I got out of our car to make sure everyone was alright and when someone called 911 I got into our Xterra and pulled it off the road and sat with the girls to make sure our vehicle remained safe. Out of the five cars, there was one serious injury, the one who got the most impact from the crash. I stood next to Juliana's car seat from the outside and kept praying in thanks to God for not letting it be us in that accident and for those that were injured. It is so easy to underestimate how God protects us. Many thanks to Him and His angels.

We finally got on our way to church and arrived there late. The girls were still sound asleep and we walked into the lobby. We were immediately bombarded with friends and church members and did not make it past the foyer. By the time we got into the sanctuary they were singing the last hymn. That was a little discouraging. Maybe we will be able to make it to the sermon next time. The girls were passed around in many arms all of which loved looking and holding them.

Upon returning home, the girls were screaming to be fed again and we didn't get to eat until an hour after they were fed. So glad that God has made us durable and able to withstand sleepless nights and hours of not eating at a time. :) I look forward to our next outing.

 Olivia
 Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment