Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Book Club Baby Shower

I was invited by a friend to join a book club back in July. I fell in love with it and have been going since. It is so great to be able to read a book and be able to share it with a group of women like myself. It has become a great way for me to escape once a month and have a little "me" time.

Last night was another meeting and to my surprise they had a surprise baby shower for me. It was so wonderful. There was a "baby" theme with the food...baby corn and carrots, baby back ribs (vegetarian), baby buns, and baby cheesecake. A few friends that were not in the book club pitched in to help as well with decorations and gifts. What a great surprise. Everyone there decided that they wanted to put their money together and get the girls something they really needed. They ended up getting the car seats that we picked out on our registry. One of the ladies, gave the girls two sweet outfits and some cute little socks. I later found out that she hand crocheted the details on the socks. They were amazing. Take a look. My family is truly blessed by such wonderful people in my life.

The car seats we received.











No comments:

Post a Comment