Saturday, May 28, 2011

Surprises in the Tub!

After church today our family spent some wonderful time with Aunt Joy and Uncle Jan. The girls ate really well and even fell asleep for a short time. Upon waking up, and playing with the dog, Sally, we decided that is was time to head home to get ready for bed.

When we got in, we undressed the girls and fed them their last meal of the night and decided to give them a bath. So, like we do every other night, we prepared the bath and put both girls in the tub. They were having a great time playing with their toys and Olivia was crawling all over the tub. Juliana was sitting in one spot and we thought she was being a good girl. I took Olivia out first and got her dressed and teeth brushed and Daddy took Juliana and did the same. Once I put Olivia down for bed, I passed the bathroom and smelled something terrible! I looked and could't believe my eyes. There in the tub were to separate bowel movements! Not only did one of the girls choose to relieve herself, but the other one did also.

Mike and I cleaned out the tub and soaked their toys in bleach. I would say this was one of the worst things I had to clean yet. Oh the joys of motherhood. I am beginning to understand the lengths we go to to bring our children happiness and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment