Sunday, August 22, 2010

Smiles and Giggles

In the past two weeks, the girls have really grown. We have managed to produce more spit, outgrow our pajamas, and grab at colorful objects about 6 inches from our face (Well Daddy and Mama don't have any of these adventures). The wonderful thing that has blossomed with our little ones is their smiling and laughing. Oh the joy of hearing my girls laugh in delight as they see my face or their daddy's face. It thrills me that these little ones love us so much that they get excited in our presence. I am truly blessed.

 We are growing so fast!

Juliana and Olivia have become early age school kids. Since school will be starting soon, Mike and I have been busy doing what we can to make sure school is ready to open. With that said, the girls have been coming with us. We have set up a pack-n-play in the office for them to play and sleep. They have been such great babies. They entertain themselves most of the day and only cry to be fed. This makes for a productive day. I love hearing my little ones "talk" to one another and laugh. I can't wait for the day their personalities really take off.

~We love to talk and laugh at each other~


Also for the past two weeks we were able to get J and O to Sabbath school. The first time was kind of a joke. They both fell asleep and missed the whole thing. The second week, Juliana stayed with Daddy in the young adult Sabbath school, since she was sleeping and Olivia came with me. She watched all the little kids run around and sing, she also had a chance to wear a crown and look in a mirror.  This was very exciting for a baby who is starting to experience everything around her. She managed to make it though SS and then through church. We did run into the occasional...leave church because the baby is too loud. It wasn't because of crying but because of laughing. I would love to sit and listen to them if I could, but it wouldn't be too reverent and quite a bit distracting to those around. I am sure God would have delighted with me.

 Olivia Judith
 Juliana Grace

2 comments:

  1. Jen, your babies are just so beautiful. Congrats on healthy twins. Dustan and I are expecting twins in Feb. and it's great to read your blog...get an idea of some of the things we can look forward to. Again, beautiful and congrats. Heather Cook (Wallace)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather...anytime you have any questions, I would be more than happy to answer them. It is challenging but very rewarding. Just to prepare you now...ABSOLUTELY NO SLEEP for at least the first 3 months. This was the case for both Mike and I. When we were alone with our little ones, we both got up in the middle of the night. Best wishes to you both and your new babies to come. Here is my email... jcolburn@gccsda.com.

    ReplyDelete