Friday, July 16, 2010

Beautiful Girls and Beautiful Sleep!

We have been blessed the past two days with beautiful sleep. Our beautiful girls have slept through the night the past two days. The first night, we thought the girls were just overly tired from not napping all day. We fed them and put them down at 9:30PM and they didn't wake until 5:30AM. When this happened, I woke at 5AM, thinking the girls had just slept through the night! Wait! "Are they alright?" So I crept into their room and peeked over their crib, they were sound asleep and beautiful little angels. Both Mike and I felt energized after being able to sleep for so long.


Yesterday, we decided as a family to visit some friends and swim in their pool. This was very exciting for our girls, as this was their first time in a swimming pool. After we put their sun block on we decided to get in. As soon as their little feet hit the water, they started crying. It was a heated pool, but obviously it wasn't bath water. Daddy had Juliana and her entry was not as graceful as Olivia's. Juliana was dipped in and Olivia was eased in with Mama.
 Daddy with Juliana after her dip in the pool.

Eventually, Olivia was used to the water and I could help her float around the pool. I put her in front of a pool jet, where it was warm. When, I did this, Olivia's diaper expanded way beyond the normal size. Needless to say, we need some swim diapers. After the girls were done swimming they took a nice nap in the shade. A few errands and a walk later it was time to go to bed.

 Mama with Olivia

I drew a bath for Juliana, who was wide awake, put her in the tub and washed all of the sun block off. Once she was dressed, we sat down in the glider with a bottle and book. By the time we had read the first book, Juliana downed 4 ounces and was out. Mike finished rocking her as I proceeded to wake Olivia. She had been sleeping for about 30 minutes in her swing. Once I had the bath drawn, my sweet baby had fallen asleep again on her changing pad. I picked her up and set her in the tub. She woke up for about a minute and then her eyes got droopy and my baby was sleeping again in the tub. We decided to skip the book for the night and just feed her what we could. She took down 4 1/2 ounces and fell into a deep sleep. I put her in the crib with Juliana and looked at the clock. It was 10:00PM. The next time I saw our little ones was at 6:00AM this morning. I walked into their room and peeked in the crib, Olivia was awake. I looked at her and said "hi". She greeted me with a huge smile and a coo. What an awesome feeling. My baby was excited to see her Mama.

 Olivia sleeping in the tub.

Now, we will see if they will continue to sleep through the night. God has not only blessed us with beautiful girls, but has blessed us with beautiful sleep as well. Hallelujah!

Our family having fun in the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment