Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dealing with PUPPPS

Four days after I had delivered the girls I embarked on another new adventure. I contracted PUPPPS. PUPPPs will usually effect women who are in their first pregnancy, carrying twins, and is usually at its worst during the third trimester. I called my doctor and I spoke with an assistant and they said that there was nothing I could do, especially when I was breastfeeding the girls. They told me to take Claritin and wait it out. There was no way! I was itching so bad, I was unable to ease it. I slept with ice packs and pasted on baking soda paste all over my body. NOTHING WORKED!

One morning after a violent itching episode that resulted in torn skin and lots of tears, Mike asked me if he should call his uncle who is an OB/GYN. I expressed to him that I wanted him to call that minute! He did. After speaking with Mike's uncle Ken, and we sent him the pictures of the rash, he confirmed that it was PUPPPs. Mike asked his uncle if there were any steroids that I could take that would not be harmful to the babies. Uncle Ken, looked it up and found that I could have Predinsone. He prescribed it and I picked it up the next day. Within one day, the itch was gone, within four days the rash was completely gone.

Thanks to uncle Ken, I was able to sleep and hold my babies and feel like a mommy again. Thanks uncle Ken you are a God-send! I don't even have any scars or spots where the rash was and I look normal again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment